Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Year Two.

Meet Janice. 

The handler of this hot mess. She is my daily inspiration.  From the painstaking hours she invested to teach me how to thread a sewing machine and fill a bobbin to the annoyance she suffered when finding her prized paint brushes filled with hardened acrylic paint stuffed back into a drawer.  She was a saint.  She understood that the drawings in my textbooks were not a way to disrespect the teachers but a way to make class bearable.  

 This is my beloved grandmother that I lost two years ago to Leukemia.  This is a photo of one the most amazing people in the world and myself para-sailing over beautiful Lake Tahoe three years ago.  Not a day goes by that I don't feel her presence and guidance.  Only with her death did I tap into my love for art and all things design.  As the President of Solar Power Energy in the 70's a lifetime advocate for children, a successful entrepreneur and comic relief she has left some big shoes to fill.  I can't begin to thank her enough for encouraging me to follow my heart, pursue what I love, and to relish in the pride of being an independent woman. Miss you G-ma.

No comments:

Post a Comment